View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:32 AM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I could not agree more. I narrate my day to the kids for language development so having to also document it for people I don't work for is super annoying. It can be done effectively with planning though.

I guess the post irritated me in the "I can't do it so you should not be allowed to either" way. To limit my income because someone else finds it difficult rubs me the wrong way. This field is hard enough to earn a living in with the "daycare is too expensive" mindset. Adding this one in too makes it near impossible. I don't want socialized daycare to become the norm.
Yep, I read it the same way...

My immediate thought was something along the lines of "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should." type thought....

For some 4, 6, 8 is easy....I find the less kids in attendance the harder. I also think routine is key.

If someone is struggling meeting their work requirements, I think talking to the director or employer is probably going to be more productive than getting the state to change ratios. Especially in a state that has pretty middle of the road ratios as it is.