View Single Post
KIDZRMYBIZ 08:44 AM 03-23-2015
If it were me, I would say that one of my own kids, or even just I, wanted to do some activity (like some kind of hobby or book club), but her later hours were preventing us from signing up. I would ask if it looked like that schedule change could happen much sooner than June or July. Hopefully, DCM would just say yes, since you know what the true circumstances are.

If she said no, then I would know that she is more than happy to take full advantage of my goodwill, even though she is aware of the burden it's placing on me.

Then the choices are to continue as is, making no waves, and try not to let it bother you. Or give her notice that the additional half-hour will be with a fee. You could ask her about her job situation, but IME they usually just lie to keep the maximum amount of hours possible.

On a side note, on the FP paperwork, they want an explanation as to why any child would be in care for more than 10 hours on any day. Does that mean that on a governmental level, it is REALLY frowned upon? Maybe you could blame it on that...