View Single Post
kitykids3 05:43 PM 05-06-2016
Exactly what everyone else has said since you said you were dropping off and there for 15-20 minutes. My jaw dropped.
Is she by any chance giving you advice/tips that may have to do with drop off/separation etc?? Do you know her educational or experiential background? I've been doing this over 15 years, have a degree and am 5 stars and when I see a parent having issue with their child and I offer advice and it's ignored it does offend me. If I see a way that can make things easier for the child's experience in my child care, then yes, I offer tips/advice to parents because I assume they would also want it easier for their child. Why choose me as the person they trust for the care of their little one if they don't really trust me or agree with the way I believe to raise children?

The 15-20 minute drop off, at least to me, would be another way you would be conveying (even if unintentionally) that you don't trust me and that I can't handle your child so you have to stay there that long to make sure your LO is OK or checking to see how I do things. Some of us love what we do, would never take anything out on kids cuz of the parents, and have plenty of experience and education and are trying to be helpful when we offer advice/tips to parents. Don't linger making us feel like you don't trust us.

The environment is another thing to think about. I have some certain rules that I apply, because it is a group setting of kids from different families/backgrounds etc. Running a child care or ECE class is not the same as parenting at home. You are probably making her job more difficult because whenever a parent lingers it makes it harder on your own child and other children may be distracted or acting up because there is someone there. I run a family child care of up to 8 kids that range from 6 weeks to 4 years. It takes a delicate balance to give all of them what they need (especially when 3 are infants) when they need it and some rules are to help things run more smoothly (to some degree) because we understand the nuances of having so many children to take care of and teach at the same time.

Just some things to think of. She may not dislike you, but she may be feeling disrespected and not trusted and you may be unintentionally and not knowingly being a disturbance to the environment. It is easier for ALL involved to make your good-bye quick with your child. She also just may be one of those with a rbf and may not be aware she is coming off as rude.

(PS - You calling her a moron on a site seems quite childish and arrogant and makes me also wonder if somehow your tone/attitude may be making her a little upset because if you think of her like that, it may be coming through to her without you realizing)

Start with making drop offs quicker and act like you trust her and respect what she may be saying and doing. Fake acts of being 'super nice', or ignoring, or doing what she wants (what do you mean by this anyways, just curious?), you may be sending mixed signals that aren't helping the situation. I would be wondering what was going on if one of my clients was super nice for a bit, and then was ignoring me for a bit.

Most important thing is the care your child is receiving, not what you feel about the teacher. It also is not a reason to get all tense for your day. You might also feel less tense if you are spending less time at drop off. WIN-WIN for everyone. :-) Good luck!