View Single Post
Abigail 07:45 PM 11-20-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
My patterns & ideas are all in files by month and stored in two file boxes.

My flannel board stories and activities are stored in clear bins-one for each month Sept.-May.

Then there are seasonal activities, decorations that are stored on shelves.

My books I read to the kids each have a bin with a lid/handle Sept-May. One bin for summer.

I have books on tape-yes that old! In ziplock bags store by month in two milk crates.

I have a plastic three drawer bin (the multi colored ones) with quick go to activities in my circle time area.
Do you put all your books and flannel boards in a theme or have open stock to randomly select too? I guess I never thought of separating any flannel stories as I don't have many. I keep all my books in a two-door shelving unit with the bottom shelf being all books on cd in alphabetical order, the next two shelves up are all board books as those take up much room, then next shelf up is sound books/texture/scented/unique books and paper back books, and lastly the top is a basket of flannel stories with the books or printed storylines and then it's Sept-August Seasonal/Holiday/Event Specific Books. I never thought of placing all these things into separate bins for storage but then again I do know if I did I would certainly be better about rotating out books! My goal is bi-weekly but sometimes 6+ weeks goes by and I realize "no wonder the kids are not interested in the Halloween book anymore!" LOL