View Single Post
amberrose3dg 03:40 AM 12-20-2017
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
They would be unhappy with me as well I am closed the 22nd - 8th with pay!

OP were this dates given to DCM when she started? If so I would say...

Dear DCM,

Per the calendar we are closed December 22nd and 25th
for the Christmas Holiday as well as December 29th and January 1st for the New Year Holiday.

For a complete list of closures please reference the calendar distributed at the start of the school year. It is the responsibility of parents to note all calendar dates and schedule changes as they are posted. ABC Daycare does not follow ABC School District, other school or work calendars. Please refer to abcdaycare.com for calendar dates, schedule changes, registration information and policies. If a holiday is not listed on the site above, it is not observed as an official daycare holiday.

Sincerely,

ABC Program Director

If she did not know and this is a late change/addition you are clarifying on your schedule I would give her a tuition credit for the next month for the 22nd and 29th. Some parents are like GREAT since Christmas eve is on a Sunday I am not impacted which is why it's nice to clarify at the start of the year. You would not be wrong here but still giving the dates in advance does help parents plan.

Under no circumstance would I watch the child for additonal pay on these days. It sends mixed messages and sets you up to offer the same thing in the future. Trust me I did this once during Spring Break and once you bend on your policies they continue to ask you to bend.
Exactly this!
Hell i would rather lose pay on one kid a day or two than watch them for additional money. My time off is PRECIOUS!!!
I would not argue with her about it. If it keeps up ask her if she would like to put in her two weeks. Some parents always try and get their way this time of year.
I make it known and remind yet again i have two paid weeks off a year plus all major holidays. They need to work their schedule around yours. Not the other way around. It would be impossible to make everyone happy.