Thread: Show and Tell
View Single Post
daycare 08:41 AM 01-29-2015
lol you guys are funny..

I started show and tell when the kids started telling each other something cool they got over the weekend and how much they wish they could show them. They would invite each other to their houses, but that was their plan. THe parents never heard a word about it I am sure....lol

At first I thought, NO way, they fight over pocket lint.

When I first started doing it, I had kids walking in with all kinds of random things. Still to this day my jaw dropper was a kid brought in his dads ice box ( I don't know what its called) that he used for fishing. When it came in the door, I thought odd, but ok. It was kind of big and didn't fit in the cubby box so it sat by my front door until circle time.

So the kid goes to share the ice box and is telling the others about it. The kid opens the ice box and there are two cans of beer inside...............the kid started to pull them out and tell us about it, but I cut him off.

The parents claimed that they did not know they were in there. We laughed really hard about it after. Only kid to ever bring beer to DC......

SOOOOOO.. Now I actually make them show me what they brought when they walk in and if I think it's not suitable It goes back with the parent. Yeah the kid flips out, but it's more of a lesson for the parents to follow the rules and make sure that their kid is too.