Thread: Ugh!
View Single Post
MyAngels 01:54 PM 08-16-2012
Originally Posted by Breezy:
DCF of my screamer termed care at the beginning of the month because her schedule changed to ALL weekend days. This was the text I got from her on August 2nd after DCG had not been here for 2 days because they had flooding in their house and DCM had to stay home,

Her: "I just found out some news at work....like 2 mins ago..."
Me: "Oh! I hope its good news!"
Her: "They are changing my schedule to less days during the week. It will be mostly if not all weekends."
Me: "Ok, so what does that mean for daycare?"
Her: "Well, I will need less days. You need to let me know if you can do that schedule or if I need to make different arrangements."
Me: "I will not be able to accommodate a schedule of all weekends. I would be happy to continue to care for her until you do make different arrangements, though. My policy on leaving care (as outlined in your contract) is Two weeks written notice is required any time after the 14th day of care. Fees will still be due if you withdraw your child before notice is given, or at any time during the notice. Two weeks fees may be paid in lieu of the two week notice."

Never heard a word back from her. I contacted her again on Saturday the 4th to see if she had made a decision one way or the other... STILL nothing.

So, I sent them a notice letting them know that they owe $310.00 (normal fees plus late fees) and if they paid by Friday August 24th I would waive fees. If not, I would send everything to collections and they would be responsible for ALL fees and those incurred by attempt to collect the debt.

She texts me today and says that she contacted her attorney and he looked over the contract and told her that she is not required to uphold it since I was the one that told her I could not accommodate her new schedule. There for I voided the contract in the first place and she is not required to pay or do anything AND she can file a complaint against me. She also told me that her schedule changed because I was unreliable. REALLY lady? Unreliable because I won't let you change your schedule less than 8 hours before you are due to drop your child off?? Because I require NOTICE for changes.

I bent over BACKWARDS for this family to accommodate weekends occasionally (which was always to be on a DROP IN basis- if I could) and evenings frequently (12-9).. Obviously HUGE mistake to give special because they didn't see it as special.

But really? WHY would I have you sign a contract if you didn't have to uphold it?? Oh YOUR schedule changed and YOU need to find alternate care so you get to just leave without another word to the person that has cared for your child for the last 10 months?? I see.

What does your contract say about you terminating the contract?