Thread: Ugh!
View Single Post
MyAngels 04:50 PM 08-17-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
I know what you are saying. I guess for me that amount of money would not be worth it to me. If I had to go to court, that means a day that I will have to close my daycare, upsetting my preschool program and parents. It would cost me to close my daycare too.

Any income that you lose by closing your daycare can be included in the judgment amount awarded by the court.

Even when you wrote it, it sounds like just a lot to have to do. BUTif you have that kind of time and patience, then go for it and chase the money.

It's not about "chasing the money" - it's about enforcing the contract. The contract that I spent a lot of time and effort creating. The contract that so many complain about when parent's don't honor it.

I would not waste another second on this family and I would be chasing new clients instead and letting go of the past. I always say what goes around comes around. That family will get what they deserve in the end. Life always seems to work itself out that way, so I think...
Who says you can't chase new clients and collect from previous clients? I know most of us can certainly multi-task.

Again, if you're not going to enforce your contract why have one in the first place?