Thread: Bottle Feeding?
View Single Post
Unregistered 06:12 PM 11-02-2014
I'm looking for advice on bottle feeding one child in a mixed-age group home daycare setting (routines for preparing the bottles, warming, washing, ect.) I'm opening home daycare soon, and I have no experience with formula to base my approach feeding procedures on, since my dd nursed exclusively.

I understand the instructions regarding the ratios of fomula to water, ect. Mainly, I'm looking for advice regarding any policies and tips anyone has to offer. Sorry if the question sounds silly... I just don't have experience in this area, and want to avoid any potential headaches.

I will be on the USDA food program, and my rates will be higher than others in my area partly because I'm offering organic foods, and would also like to include parents choice of formula (even organic), for those who choose it, as an amenity--as opposed to only offering one kind. Do I ask parents to provide x number of empty bottles? Enough bottles for one day or two? Do I wash them? Or do they? Dishwasher or by hand? Would it be easier to premix a day's worth of formula in a formula mixer/pitcher and refridgerate, or just mix each bottle individually? Would one can of formula per week for 4 or 5 days of care be sufficient to plan for?