View Single Post
Blackcat31 02:30 PM 03-02-2018
Originally Posted by Tigerlilly:
She had just left a daycare. She said they let her go to make room for a friend. I should have just known better.
I don't understand what you mean?
I know from your other posts that this child is/was somewhat physically aggressive but in many situations, that behavior is directly related to expectations and environment.

Whatever issues the other provider had doesn't automatically mean you will have the same issues.

For example, a few years back I enrolled a 2 yr old in care.
Good kid, good transition. I had no issues with the child.

About 3 or 4 months after the child started, I went to a training and met another area provider there that through conversation I learned was the DCK's previous provider.

She had termed the child for biting. Said the child repeatedly bit and she simply had no other option other than terminate care.

I was surprised. Her description of the child's behavior was NOT at all the same as the behaviors I had experienced.
Had I known ahead of time that the child was terminated for being a biter I might not have even considered enrolling the family.

Sad that it could have been like that but happy I enrolled because the family is still with me and have subsequently added to their family and not once, not a single time has the DCK been physical or aggressive towards anyone here.

So while I understand wanting to know information like that, I feel its not always in the providers or the child's best interests. Like I said before, how YOU manage your program/parents and issues within your program, your expectations and the environment makes all the difference in a child's behavior.

Sometimes not knowing something can be a good thing.