View Single Post
QualiTcare 07:01 AM 05-12-2010
when my son was 2, the lady at his daycare tried to say he was pointing at his friends and calling them mother f'ers. she sent him to the office for it and swore that's what he was saying.

i said there's no way cus he hasn't heard that and i don't go around pointing at people. now, if you told me he said the F word by itself, that i could believe and i wouldn't deny it. she thought i was lying of course cus she HEARD him!

well, a week or two passed and i was in the car on the way to daycare when my son did something with his hand/fingers (i can't rem. what) and said look at MY FINGERS and when he said it, it sounded just like mother f'ers. when i got to the daycare, i took him in the office and said, "show miss _______ what u showed me with your fingers." as soon as he did/said it she was like oh my gosh! i was upset that he got in trouble since he couldn't have had a clue what he was being punished for. it would've been nice to been given the benefit of the doubt.

now, my daughter said "what the F" at daycare when she was 4 and i had no alibi for that. i told her teacher i wasn't gonna insult her or myself by acting like i didn't know where she heard that from. i talked to my daughter about it and started censoring myself. you can't punish a kid for copying what they've heard. if that is what he's saying - i'd talk to his mom about it and ignore it if he says it again. he'll quit saying it if you quit reacting to it, and hopefully his parents will be embarrassed and clean up their language.