View Single Post
momma2girls 02:30 PM 10-07-2010
Originally Posted by BentleysBands:
Thanks so much for the insight!

I talked with the mom last night at pickup...she still swears baby doesnt flip for her. thankfully i was smart and took a video of it at yesterdays naptime
I showed her and she was super surprised! still requested i flip over each time. I expressed to her that it wasn't possible to do this all the time. I check on baby every 10-15mins, door is cracked open and i have a monitor with me. nothing is in pnp with baby either. the ONLY time i move a child is when they have scooted up to the corners kwim? imo SIDS can happen no matter what position a child sleeps. back in the day it was stomach for babies, then yrs later it was the side, now the back...no one knows why it happens IMO ...long story short, she still wants me to flip and i told her i will ONCE during nap, after that i will not. babies need rest and i cant handle a screaming tired baby. that if thats not good she may have to find other care. i have done childcare for over 24 yrs and raised 4 kids of my own, i'm very qualified she then says "omg, we dont want anyone else, we want and love you" ...so hopefully things will be smoother . i can only hope.
GOod for you for standing up for what is right!! GOod luck!!