View Single Post
MrSint 07:20 AM 11-17-2010
Thanks for the responses... It seems the best course of action would be to see if any other parents have similar concerns - perhaps we can all relay them as a group so to speak. What's funny is that the dad of my daughters best friend (also in the same daycare) who owns a pit bull came by last night.... so we casually asked him - hey, did you see the DC owner's new puppy? His response? "...yeah, it's a pit bull!" Not that I needed any confirmation but it still irks me the dog was presented soley as a 'weimaraner mix' upon inquiry. What's more - and to my earlier point - I'm about twice as big as the DC owner - and this guy is a lot stronger than ME - yet his OWN pit bull that was with him was able to push by him & right into our house - AND even was able to push open the door AGAIN once we got him back outside. Even HE said - yeah... we don't want him to come in with that new baby. So I just can't trust whatever system she may have in place to try & always keep the dog separate. At SOME point it'll get by her, her own kids, her helpers or whatever barrier she may have in place & come in contact with the kids... Like I said, we have REALLY enjoyed this DC provider & think she does a great job. We'll see how she responds to our/others' concerns - but honestly, I do think it shows a lack of judgement to even purchase this animal given the nature of the business she's running. I also think it shows a lack of consideration in not so much as informing anyone about it - if only for allergy reasons. The dog's still a little puppy so we've got some time to find alternative care - but it won't be easy. It's comparatively cheap to other places we checked out - but still not 'cheap' by any means...