View Single Post
laundrymom 08:54 AM 11-18-2010
My advice,.. =-)

ok, honest question here, I skimmed through most responses I admit but I read you love the daycare, you love her program, her devotion to the kids, everything except for the puppy that is a part pit? part Weim,.. umm,.. sp? lol,.. you know the beautiful sesame street dog, lol.

so you love her and how she is helping to raise your daighters,.. you love her environment and her attention to her business,.. but you are angry that her new puppy that she is raising in probably the same manner as she does your kids, and who you have seen NO aggression in whatsoever, may turn on your kids and bite them even though she is keeping the dog seperate from the daycare? I would honestly go to her, say,.. hey I love your place, I love the care you provide, but the new pup concerns me,.. Im afriad of pit bulls. I was not aware that you were considering a dog let alone this particular mix of breeds. Why did you choose "this" dog, and how can you assure me that it will be a safe playmate for my children? I have to be honest with you, I am uncomfortable with the idea of a pitbull mix, no matter the mix in a childcare home and am wanting you to know that I am leaning towards looking for alternative care. While I respect your choice to have a dog, and have this dog, you must respect my choice to have childcare without one. I wanted you to know up front how I feel to minimize any hard feelings, or surprises that may come about. I also want you to be prepared in case other parents react the same way. I respect you as a provider and want to make sure you are aware of my feelings.