View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 10:22 AM 02-22-2010
I too would let her cry it out. I take care of a 15 month old that was always held, ALWAYS. Nuh-uh, not at my daycare. He would cry and cry and cry and cry and I let him. It was driving me crazy. After the first day I explained to the mom that it was impossible for me to carry him all of the time. I had other kids to take care of and activities to carry out and that he had spent the majority of the time crying so she knew. I just told her that it would be a joint process and that if she continued to allow him to be carried all of the time at home that she was not doing him any service. She didn't immediately respond but everyday that she picked him I'd tell her how long he cried for. I reminded her that if he didn't smoothly transition after the second week (I have an initial 2 week trial period) that she may have to find childcare elsewhere, someone that would maybe only watch her child. After that I noticced a small improvement and since he's been great. He also needed to be swaddled and rocked while he slept AT 15 MONTHS!!! I believe that a problem like that stems from parenting so the best way to correct this is from participation by the parents.