View Single Post
Blackcat31 09:51 AM 03-06-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
What a horrible, hate filled example you are setting. If you could afford late fees (mine are $1/minute), HIRE A NANNY.

Also, what kind of parent leaves their child open- close M-F? I only enroll parents who value time spent with their child. The parent who goes in latest drops off, and the parent who gets out earliest pick up. The average time spent in child care for MY group is 7-8 hours, MAX.

Providers aren't 'holding you hostage', and they certainly aren't rolling in the cash. Find a different provider. MANY do not close for snow days. MANY are open 6-6 for parents like YOU. The center workers you kept late are paid minimum wage. They can barely pay their bills and are doing an exceptional job of caring for YOUR child every single day in your absence. THAT is what you PAY for.

If you value career over 'the look in your CHILD'S eyes' when he/she is the last child picked up and the first dropped off, then maybe you should not have had children.

The whole time I am reading the Unreg's post my heart broke for their child. I hope their child never comes across this forum and reads the words posted. How heartbreaking to think your own parent feels that way....