View Single Post
storybookending 07:50 AM 01-30-2018
I think Mike made that recommendation because the OP he was referring to saidbonly one parent signed the photo waiver.

I personally do not have a website. I have not had the need as I have been able to fill spaces via word of mouth. I do technically have a space open now that I COULD be advertising for but dead of winter isn’t exactly the time I want to be taking on a new child.

I don’t post pictures of the children on my personal Facebook or any of the local “provider” related groups I am in. I take pictures of my dcks constantly and occasionally send them to parents. I have plans to make them memory books as they start to age out. They get a group picture to take home every December otherwise I don’t print pictures.

I have a mom on Snapchat and I took a video of her son stacking blocks and sent it to her. Snapchat videos disappear after you close out of them and are gone forever for those of you that are not aware. She said next time to add it to my story (entire friends list can see, stays up for 24 hours) so she can show her husband/mom as well. I would never think about putting someone else’s kid in my story. I think I will stick to sending videos through text so that she can do what she wants with them.

The center I worked at had the photo release policy written into a paragraph authorizing all sorts of things and is not an option to not sign. I am shocked they still have this policy honestly. A few christmases ago they held a drop in program and had a Santa come and visit. We had a group of 4 siblings in foster care attend and my boss uploaded a picture of the youngest two sitting on Santa’s lap. The picture was up for almost an hour when she went to take a picture of one of the older girls and she said they could NOT have their pictures posted because their mom who had her custody revoked would come and find them. Thankfully my boss got it down in time and I don’t think anything ever came of it but they still take and post pictures of children not just in their licensed programs with the release but their dropbin programs as well.