View Single Post
QualiTcare 08:20 PM 01-04-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
I am pretty sure both of my sisters work as teachers in public schools for a profit..... Also alot of us have degrees in other fields, too....

Eh, it is worth a try since I send almost half of my craft glue, scissors and paper to the public school for my kids teachers since the budget cuts.
yeah, teachers get paid, but the schools are not for profit AND stats show that teachers spend money out of their pocket to buy supplies - the number varies depending on where you look, but generally $500-$1000. how many non-business owners buy their own supplies? secretaries aren't buying copy paper. nurses aren't buying needles. there are many people who are employed by agencies that are non-profit. the agencies get tax breaks, but the employee of course gets paid. it also has zero to do with having a degree in another field. that would make as much sense as me trying to get a discount on medical supplies even though i'm not a doctor, "but i have a degree in another field."

either way, it's irrelevant because the discount isn't offered to only licensed teachers - it's offered to homeschool teachers with a GED. that's why i think it must have more to do with for profit vs. non-profit than how daycare providers are perceived.