View Single Post
QualiTcare 07:47 AM 01-07-2011
Originally Posted by Crystal:
Okay then. What about the preschool "teachers" who work for the school district that are unable to recieve the disounts? As Tom stated, even they do not qualify to recieve the discount.

And, QCare, in Ca. many of the state preschools (depends on the district standards) only require that you have a Master Teacher Permit to "teach"......not a BA....they don't get to claim expenses on their taxes.....they ARE teachers....but still do not get the discount....what about them? Do you think THEY should get the discount?
actually, i think it's being blown a little bit out of proportion. i think when tom says "preschool" he's referring literally to children including daycare children who haven't started school yet.the policy of who can receive the disount at jo-ann's says:

•Currently state certified, credentialed or licensed teacher at any K-12 public, private or parochial school or higher education learning institution

that word "at" means any licensed teacher who works AT a public, private, or parochial school can receive the discount. if the preschool is in a public school and you are a licensed teacher, you would get the discount. you think preschool teachers ARE teachers even if they didn't go through all the school/exams/licensing standards to earn that title, and several other people *think* that way also - which is why i believe jo-ann's made a point to say "state certified, credentialed, or licensed teacher, etc, etc." so every person with a GED who worked at "little sprouts pre-school" couldn't come in and get a discount.