View Single Post
knoxmomof2 03:59 PM 12-18-2017
I read your post and the responses.

In regards to being disappointed at her lack of appreciation for you : I felt the same way at first when I started. I've learned from my own experiences and this board that they will do what is best for them without one thought to our well being. As my DH (who has a long work history in Customer Service) once told me : "They are your customers, they don't owe you anything above payment". It sucks, but it's really the truth. Once you get that mindset, you're less disappointed when things happen. They don't see things from our perspective and they certainly don't invest themselves nearly as deeply as we do. As someone else said though - it will benefit you to keep a distance emotionally. You can still be a great provider, just keep the mindset that these children won't be in your care forever. They could leave next week and they may stay for years but you don't know for sure.

I'm regards to taking them back - no. You don't need the stress of the crying infant and it's not in anyone's best interest to get on this ride again... She has shown you what she will do when you set boundaries and she'll do it again. Also, they're part time and you've given them a discount. Fill the spots with more profitable kids.