View Single Post
Blackcat31 09:19 AM 07-18-2012
Originally Posted by DBug:
Idk, I still believe very much that it IS in the children's best interests to spend time with a father that wants to spend time with them. If I had a dck that wasn't coming until 10:00 because their bedtime was later, expressly to spend time with their mom or dad, I would love it! I've found that the kids who do stay up later and sleep in later (everyday, not just once in awhile) still sleep at the same nap time as everyone else. They still need the same number of hours of sleep in total as any other kid.

Little ones don't stay little forever, and men (in general) tend to stop trying to do the things that people discourage them from doing.

I've had a couple of kids that would throw fits when their parents came to pick them up at the end of the day. But just because they were crabby about it, I wouldn't say "It's better for them to leave them with me", kwim?

I do understand OP's sentiment. It's harder to deal with cranky kids during the day when you've got 5 more to take care of too. But still, the long-term benefits far outweigh my short-term challenges. JMO
Oh, I definitely absolutely agree that it IS in the best interest of the children to spend time with EITHER of their parents....I just think it needs to be done on a schedule that is best for the kids and not when it is simply easier for the parent.

If dad truly feels he is missing out on time with his kids, HE can make the changes needed to accommodate that need, NOT make the kids change up their regular routines to suit him....kwim?