View Single Post
Laurel 10:20 AM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by DaisyMamma:
I havent been on much this year but something is really troubling me and I need some advice from other DCPs that have school agers.
My dd is 8.
We switched her to another school last year but she still keeps in touch with her friends from the old school.
A new girl started at the old school and through girl scouts my dd learned about her. My dd actually felt a little like this girl took her "place"
Anyway I invited new girl to a sleepover party and ended up getting her as an after school kid. My hope was that they'd become friends..
New girl is only here for five to thirty minutes.
New girl still barely talks to dd after a month

I allow dd to have her old friends over after school still too. Yesterday one came over. New girl and friend ran off into the house after getting off the bus, neither one saying hi to dd. Left dd in tears in the driveway. When dd came into the house, I learned later, New girl rolled her eyes at dd.

What would you do?
I like what one of my dcm's said to her son once. He was 4 at the time and he and another child weren't getting along. He complained to his mom and his mom said "Well you'd better find a way to get along because you will be spending all day together." I kind of liked that she was telling him to deal with the situation and try harder on his end.

I think in your case I might get the 3 girls together and have a talk with them. Something along the lines of " From this time to this time we are all together and I expect you all to get along with each other. There will be no excluding one and two of you just going off together. At this house, everyone is included and we all talk to each other." If it continues after that just make other arrangements. Either don't watch new girl or tell old girl she can only come over at times new girl isn't there. My daughter would be comfortable in her own home.

Laurel