View Single Post
Toriicon 03:20 PM 03-02-2016
Hey Everyone!
I recently became a part of the Infant room at my daycare. I have never worked with babies and i need help!! The woman that i am replacing, and the lady i will be working with throughout the day PROP BOTTLES!! I know this is against state regulations and i have already reported it to my director. I also tried to talk with the ladies about why is wrong and tried to figure out a better plan. Turns out- when you are new you shouldn't try to change the way they run their classrooms
Overview-
ration is 1:4, we have 2 teachers with 8 babies every day from open to close- the ages range from 6 weeks to 12 months- 7 OF THEM ARE UNDER 6 MONTHS! They all have a very similar bottle schedule and most of their parents are strict and would like them to be fed exactly when the schedule says… this is why the previous teachers propped the bottles…
I WILL NOT BREAK THE RULE AND PROP, but, i don't want 8 screaming babies while i am trying to feed one at a time.
Please help, my director said i have to come up with a solution or she will find someone else- My director is alright with propping ( terrible i know) …
Please please please share your tips on how to feed them all safely and quickly.

Thanks in advance!
T