View Single Post
gracepatiencelove 10:38 AM 06-24-2014
Originally Posted by Leanna:
I often think that some providers take it too far and exclude for every sneeze, sniffle, and cough, BUT this article is ludicrous.

1) I don't know about other states, but the state (not me) defines well, mildly ill, and ill children for home daycares. I am licensed for well and mildly ill. I can choose what I want to be licensed for but I cannot define the terms.

2) The article said we send home for one instance of vomit or diarrhea. Well, we have to clean the child up, comfort him, make sure the other kids stay away, clean and sanitize the area, check the child for other symptoms like fever, contact the parents, etc. We DON"T KNOW if it going to ONE INSTANCE or if the child is going to be vomiting or having diarrhea ALL DAY. Crystal ball anyone? How many hours and minutes would it be appropriate to wait & see if there are going to be consecutive "deposits?"

3) I know it is hard to take time off work. I really do. And I try really, really hard not to complain about this, but if you can take a day off to get a pedicure, massage, or just have a day to yourself, you can take a day off to be with your sick child.

4) I've heard of providers asking for a Dr's note to return to care, but I have never heard of a provider demanding a certain treatment. That to me seems to happen more often with parents (wanting antibiotics and nebs for colds for example.)

Why did this rub me so wrong? Could it be because I have been battling a nasty, nasty cold all week?
I have one time sent home for a once only puker.

Every other time it's been days and suddenly they are better. And it takes a lot of time and effort to keep kids away from mess, clean and sanitize, etc. I would NOT want to do that more than once.