View Single Post
LK5kids 11:18 PM 11-26-2012
I do lots and lots of flannel board stories and activities and my board is covered in flannel not felt. The story pieces are made of felt or pictures I've colored and then laminated that I stick sticky back felt to (I've always gotten my sticky back felt at Wal-Mart). My pieces stay really well on the flannel. Is your tree made of felt also? Maybe that's the problem. The other thing is possibly it's on a wall like the picture and it's too upright. My flannel board is always tipped back a bit.

Also, I'd bet the felt at Wal-Mart doesn't have any wool but if you are using flannel and placing felt shapes on the flannel it works great. I know Wal-Mart used to carry flannel in bulk in their sewing dept. but I know lots of Wal-Mart's got rid of that dept. They had flannel with designs that were pastel colored but I know they also had dark colors like black because I had made a flannel board covered in black flannel. I think they probably had dark green too.

I just tried some felt pieces on my flannel board and kept it very upright and they did stay in place. The tree in the picture could be flannel but flannel is thinner than felt and you would have to cut it with a pinking shears or it would unravel. Oh, gosh I got it! The tree is felt and the pieces are flannel. That would work for sure!

Okay, going back and looking at that tree.....the pieces do look like felt. The presents could be glued on but they are felt for sure. I can tell. One of the shapes do look like they have a backing like velcro....I'm not sure what to say now