View Single Post
busymomof2 12:17 PM 02-03-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
Does this person already have a handbook and contract from you? I can't remember if you said they were enrolled or not. I was be angry if someone used MY forms because I worked very hard--so far. I have shared my contract with someone locally, but the contract was the easy part and it doesn't have anything on rates so mainly the setup is the same. Yes, I did the work, reading, research, and created it. I don't mind sharing what I have here, BUT not for a neighbor because it would be terrible to have an interview at both places and then both be labeled as "copy cats" because the handbook and contract were the same.
Yea she has been a parent since last summer. She has my contract, policy & procedures, daily report, newsletter, menus, kinder readiness assessment, flyers, rates, website, etc. There is not much of a need for daycare in my area due to the economy (that's why she is leaving her job- can't afford expenses for 2 kids). I am surrounded by daycares and just don't think it is in my best interest to help another get started to compete with. I have been open since the summer, have never been full and all my families are part-timers except for the one that is going to leave to start her own dc.