View Single Post
DaisyMamma 03:02 AM 07-19-2012
I would respond to the text and remind them kindly about the two weeks notice. Then send them a bill when you get home. But I wouldn't waste anymore time or concern about it. It is likely that you won't see the money, but it's worth a try.

Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
I have thought about asking for 2 weeks upfront to pay for the last 2 weeks but I know what would happen. Parents would pay it and the time would come eventually where they gave me a 2 week notice but the money they paid me would be long gone (I don't have enough self control to put it in a separate account) and I would just feel like I wasn't getting paid those last 2 weeks their child was in attendance.
I always get the 2 weeks upfront as a nonrefundable deposit. It does get spent right away, yes, but I use it for something the daycare "needs" and then at least I know I did get paid. It does feel like I'm not getting paid for the two weeks at the end. But, having the parents pay that two weeks lets me know they will actually show up. Before I required the deposit I would have people say they were definitely coming and then never show up.