View Single Post
Sunchimes 07:04 AM 01-31-2012
These didn't happen today, because I have the miraculous mid-week day off. But they are funny and since I have nothing to do today but cleaning, sanitizing, taxes, laundry, and cooking, I'll write them.

I have this baby toy that plays music while the Pooh characters scroll across the screen. Since dcg#1 was an infant, I've identified the characters and made Piglet sounds and Pooh sentences and buzzy bee noises. When Tigger shows up, I tell them that Tigger bounces, and I make bouncy movements. (Thank goodness you guys understand-I couldn't admit that to just anyone!) Now, they all know the characters and what they do-they make buzzy noises and quack and squeak at the characters. If I'm playing with one of the kids, when I say "Here comes Tigger" the other kids playing around the room will pause and bounce for a second then go back to what they are doing.

I like the idea of teaching the kids an instance response when I say Stop, in case of emergency. I really haven't purposely done much about it, but it seems they have learned it anyway. I have 2 day care cats (another whole post!). Now and then, being cats, they do things they shouldn't-the current favorite being scratching the pnp. I saw one starting to claw and yelled "Stop that". I noticed that as soon as I said "Stop", all 3 girls froze. This is a good thing. But, I don't want to wear it out, so I have to remember to say, "Cat, stop that."