Thread: So Sad...
View Single Post
Cat Herder 10:36 AM 02-27-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
I don't agree with someone that young being ABLE to have that many kids alone especially under three. My State allows it too and I disagree with it.

But if you ARE going to allow a 22 year old to have six (sounds like she was supposed to just have six) kids that age then you need to REQUIRE that they do NOT do an educational program along with care. A 22 year old can NOT provide excellent care to this many really young kids by herself AND do a full preschool program.

I don't care how educated she is and I don't care how many years she has watched kids. It's TOO MUCH.
I feel any provider, of any age, who is being 100% truthful to herself and the parents of the children she cares for would say the same of herself.

Childcare or Pre-school.... Parents need to choose one.

If any Daycares are lucky enough to be able to offer care with two providers in one room; one for direct CARE and one for PRE-SCHOOL, WITHOUT doubling the ratio of children to providers......Kudos to you.... I would wear your business logo with pride, I swear I would.

Most cannot afford to provide that service and should never be able to advertise they do unless they ACTUALLY do.