View Single Post
lovemykidstoo 05:08 AM 12-05-2018
I have had to do the bye bye outside a few times in the past 18 years. It absolutely works. If a child is misbehaving at my house at drop off or pickup or drop off I treat it differently depending on what it is. If a child is interrupting when mom is speaking to me, I let her handle that. If I'm talking and a child interrupts me when I' talking, I put my finger up and say one minute johnny let me finish and then I can hear you. I've had kids play with my window blinds that are next to the door, I tell them no after I wait a second for mom or dad to do it. Flipping the lights on and off, I wait a second for mom or dad and then I tell them no, just like I would during the day. In a nutshell, I am not going to let a kid go nuts. I do give the parent an opportunity to correct it. If they don't, I will. My house, my rules. I have had one of my very bad kids that was 3 1/2 just be awful. We would have a talk right before mom got here. About what I expected. I told him if he didn't behave then the first thing he would do in the morning is sit. I am not doing an immediate time out when mom was here. I wanted him gone. So he tried me a couple of times, probably thinking I would forget by the morning. He came the next day and I had an immediate talk with him. Remember johnny how you behaved and did this and that? Yup, I do. sit then! He was shocked. He only did that a couple of times.