View Single Post
nannyde 10:16 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:

BTW my background is in psychology, play therapy, and I am a mom.
Could you be more specific on what "background" means? What degrees do you hold?

I had to read your post quite a few times to try to figure out what points you were trying to make. Reading it multiple times didn't help. Could you be more specific on what you believe should happen when a child becomes violent, disruptive, refuses to follow house rules and intentionally breaks them when they are otherwise nonviolent, disruptive etc. when the parent is not on site?

Tell us what to do when a child slaps his mother across the face, scratches her neck, and kicks her and then takes off across the room rendering a path of destruction along the way? Tell us what we are to do to protect the other children from WITNESSING his/her violence and behavior that they do not see when the child is in care and the parent is not present.

Remember we can't do one to one care of said child at drop off because we have to tend to the group and prepare for the departure of the remaining children.

Your vast education and knowledge could offer us SPECIFIC tools of words and actions. We actually don't need to understand why the child does it. We just need to know how to fix it.