View Single Post
PitterPatter 06:04 PM 07-11-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Thanks for the input and the toy suggestions, guys.

I'm not licensed (legally, just fyi) and don't have regs to deal with. We've been dealing with this for awhile now in one form or another; it's gradually gotten worse and worse though. Two minute time outs have not worked, explaining that he's hurting people and it's not okay hasn't worked, shadowing hasn't worked. I'm up to "pack n play for 5 to 10 minutes at a time" to keep the other kids safe.

At this point, I'm honestly not sure if perhaps his speech/other delays are affecting his capability to truly comprehend both the crime and the punishment. I do not feel that it would be at ALL appropriate to leave him with NOTHING for what will surely end up a significant portion of the day.

I don't think I have a highchair that would hold him...what are the weight limits on those? I didn't use one very long with DD so I have no clue.

His mom is on board and is getting the evaluations he needs. She's also going to talk to his dad and try to find out what things are like when he's with his father.
Wow that much? Ok I was thinking 5 mins here and there. I don't know what to suggest then. Perhaps those soft cloth books? Good luck with this. I hope he straightens out for u.