View Single Post
Blackcat31 01:00 PM 12-29-2010
I am home based but I would be interested in learning more......or trying it out. I am working with some varying schedules right now so I would be interested in that aspect. I use MMK for book-keeping and accounting but would be interested in software that told me when kids' immunizations are due to be updated... or software where I can maybe make quick notes or observations to a child's personal file. Right now I just manually write down things about individual kids/days/behaviors etc. Time consuming and hard to keep track of. I'd like to see some software that allows me to add my name and business info to lettes, notes home, notices, bills, reminders and any correspondence to parents. I can do it (and do) with Microsoft Word but it takes time. I'm a fill in the blank kind of gal. I'd like to type in a child's name and be able to view EVERYTHING I need to know about the child. ie. DOB, parent contact, behavior notes, imm updates, payment schedules, number of absences, and anything else we have to record. I always worry about the "what if" factor...what if I had to have an emergency substitute and I couldn't possibly tell them all the little things about a child that I keep stored in my head. I know I am asking the impossible but I am trying to put out there what I would like to see.....
Oh, and I have the worst time trying to remember where I put all my records of trainings and classes and CPR and 1st aide cards I have....I put them here and there and can never find them when I need them. We're also required to do a monthy crib inspection sheet (like the sign off sheets for cleaning restrooms they post on back of doors in Target) and I always lose mine!?!? LOL!!!!