View Single Post
alicia 12:02 PM 12-19-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Hi Crystal,

Thanks. I searched through all that documentation. It makes no mention about waking them, so it seems you're drawing the same conclusion that I am. They should be able to wake them as her we requested.

You also picked up on something that I didn't. The fact that they are allowing the other kids to play right around her with all that noise and such, is a clear violation. This has to be taken into consideration as to what kind of quality sleep she is actually getting. We all know we can remain asleep, while hearing noises, and indeed be disturbed by these noises. Who wants to sleep like this! This actually bothers me more.

I will talk with them tomorrow armed with this information.

Thanks again.
I am having the same issue with my son's daycare. I went to pick him up once and he was asleep while all the other children were playing. I have trouble getting him to be on weekdays only. I am trying to find out exactly what hours my son is sleeping and they cannot give me a start or end time. The teachers state that the director does not allow them to wake up the child. So, even though the nap time is 12:30 to 2:30, if the child is asleep they leave them asleep. They are not to wake them up. That is ridiculous to me. So I'm in the cycle - I can't put him to bed on time. I can't wake him up on time. And he is really crabby at daycare in the morning. I just can't believe how a director would tell me (the parent) we aren't going to wake up the child if he is tired. Um - I'm pretty sure after a two hour nap the child is not tired. Of course, it makes their job easier to leave the child asleep, I'm sure.