View Single Post
Starburst 02:40 PM 02-17-2015
Originally Posted by blueskiesbutterflies:
Ever older boy that I have enrolled would love to talk about butts and poop. I think that it is allowed at home or someone is laughing at him. I once had two brothers who called each other butt face and brown donuts hole. Mom thought it was soooo funny! needless to say, I did NOT enroll them.
Yeah, there has to be a certain point where you let them know there are boundaries to butt jokes. I guess in that boy (3) I used to watch's family they call butts 'dudaloids' (I'm not sure how to spell it, it's another language). And I guess he thought it was funny to call people that but when he did that to me I told him thas not something you call people and that if he's going to go to preschool soon he won make any friends if he calls people that and they find out what it means; and that it might even get kicked out of the program (he's excited about the idea of going to school and making friends). Of course his family still lets him joke like that and he's often spoiled ('miracle baby', they were older parents) so he continued doing it, though last I heard his mom decided to wait another year before preschool (mostly because it's a small town and none of the centers there are 100% nut free).

To OP: it may be best to teach him (and all the kids) about personal space and boundaries. Maybe an activity where they make shields and whenever another child is invading their 'bubble' they say put it up and say "I need space" or something. May also need to talk to the boy's parents about them teaching him about good touch/bad touch (since when you get older touching someone's but can be considered sexual harassment) if you are not comfortable talking about it.