View Single Post
mac60 05:52 AM 08-14-2009
The other ladies said it all pretty well. It does change your life, and not always for the better. If I had to do it all over again, I would of never quit my job of 21 years and started daycare. Too much expense, no time off, dealing with parents and issues. I much prefer a 7 to 4 job where I can go home and be away from "my job". I am never away from it here, and I hate that. For those who have a separate room, that helps. While the tax deductions are great, I am also investing quite a bit right back into my business each week/month, for food, supplies, air conditioning, heat, dc insurance, etc, and yes, some of these you can write portions of it off, but not all of it. And what has hurt me the most in the past 2 years, is that my expenses have went up so much, and my income has stayed the same. Do you think a parent is going to offer you $5 more per week because food and expenses went up? NO. Parents only look out for themselves. I know I should of just raised my rates, but always have in the back of my mind.....will this piss them off?

It is a tough job and it does impact your family tremendously.