Thread: What Do You Do?
View Single Post
Christian Mother 01:38 PM 09-01-2011
Originally Posted by pfund2233:
I was just wondering what some of the rest of you do in some of these situations.

If a child dosen't eat any lunch do you let them have snack?
I normally don't have issues with a child not eating there lunch but I still give snack. All snacks however are good for them and not junk food. I do my snack shopping at sprouts and pick up snacks there so there healthy like fruits veggies, cookies. It helps to not worry that snack is good for them. I start this as early as i can so they don't question it. There has been times where a child won't eat their veggies and I will either let it go depending on what they've had a big lunch or say they flat out refuse to eat it and throw it on the ground. I had that yesterday and guess what snack was....a diff. kind of veggie. I want to make sure my little's are getting all there fruits and veggies in them. And I try to make it fun too.

How Long do you let your children nap?
I have one under 2 and he is still taking 3 hr naps but I wake him at exactly 3 hrs. He still is kind of sleepy but 3 hrs is enough otherwise he won't fall a sleep til later in the night 4 his parents. The rest take a 2 hr nap and naps here are mandatory. They don't have to ashually sleep but they do need to be quietly reading or resting.

If your own child is ill do you close or just keep your child in their room?
My child are normally not ill in fact my son ever yr gets a certificate for never missing a day of school. My daughter hasn't either but she goes to school 3 days out of the week. If she is unwell she is usually on the couch with her blanket or in her room sleeping. I don't close unless it's a ER situation. The parents will be notified with the option that they may bring but if it is contagious and she needs med's then most times they will kep there child home. It says in my hand book that they must have back up care although sometimes my husband will be here to help as extra pair of hands. So far I haven't needed to use him for that...it's normally me and I am usually sick a couple times a yr.

Do you allow parent's to pre pay for daycare (like 6mo in advance)?
I've had a parent prepay for a couple of weeks and I've been fine with that however, bc I don't charge for days a child is not here I just keep track and let them know what they need to pay for the next following week.

Just wondering... THANKS!!
These are great questions hope I was able to help some!!