View Single Post
Unregistered 07:19 AM 11-23-2014
Originally Posted by altandra:
I just started a thread on another board about a parent who termed. It was a pt family so this opens up 2 spots on 2 days of the week. I have another pt family who comes on opposite days who has expressed interest in taking those spots if they ever opened up so they could be ft. Problem is, I don't really think I can handle those kids more than 2 days a week. I can't really come out and say that to them because they are friends of the family. Also, I have a family who wants a ft spot in June so this would open that up for them. My contract says that ft trumps pt but that I would open up any ft spots to part timers before looking elsewhere, so I can't really tell my pt family that they can't have that spots, can I? Any insight or suggestions?
You could always tell your current PT family that the space is already spoken for. (by the family wanting space in June)
If the PT family asks why you didn't offer it to them, you can always just say that the new family fit the space best and you will be sure to let them know when a FT space opens up that will fit them well and leave it at that.
You really don't need to explain anything to them but I also understand how sometimes, addressing things like this is unavoidable when you work closely with family's every day.