View Single Post
mommyneedsadayoff 07:04 AM 10-09-2017
I don't think a doc note is necessary, but I would want to know what they are sick with because, just like kids, I don't want them bringing a highly contagious illness into my home. I think doing 10 days per year (5 sick days, 5 prearranged abscences) would be fair and hopefully you can plan those absent days well in advance.

I think it is hard to have an assistant when your ratios depend on it. If you can keep your sisters, mom, and maybe even 2 more back ups, then you should hopefully be covered. If absences become an issue, just address it right away. A rational person will completely understand why it is so important to show up to work. You will be able to see the difference between those who understand that and those who just dont care.

I serve tables at night and it is mostly 20 something's. They are all wonderful workers, but being late and trying to get out of their shifts is very common. They all need money, but then give up their next shift but there is always something more fun to do than work, like going partying. And they are "sick" a lot. Some are legitimately sick and look like death, but many are just being lazy or have self induced "sickness" from the night before. they are really fun though and great workers when they actually work!