View Single Post
nannyde 12:50 PM 11-03-2017
Have you figured out how they did it? Were they aware you were going to use time out before you did it? If they didn't that would be proof they actually did record you.

I don't know what state you are in. In Iowa it is illegal to do this BUT there is a clause in the law that allows it if a parent feels a child is in danger.

I think that is more designed for court ordered visitation rather than daycare. Possibly it is there to protect parents who send their children on busses or school. I don't know how it would fly with daycare because if the parents were fearing for their child's safety they shouldn't be taking them to the daycare period. It isn't required to send your child to daycare and they have the choice of other daycare's.

I think this is going to become VERY common. I would be thinking back on the entire day... every phone call ... every interaction with my family or staff... and thinking of everything they now have recorded.

Time out for a one year old... well that depends on how one. A new one year old ... nah but one closing in on two... maybe. I don't find it particularly effective the way the recommendations are now with a minute per age.