View Single Post
cheerfuldom 11:44 AM 02-24-2013
you absolutely need to get specifics about this child's care. I do take kids with special needs but they need to be able to keep up with the other kids. I dont change diapers for kids over 4. I cannot physically carry a child over 50lbs (and even then it would depend on how much they needed physically). I do not spoon feed kids over 2. I dont have a wheelchair accessible home.

I do have some kids here with delays. I currently have a 3.5 year old that is physically and mentally about 18 months behind but she can keep up with the other kids in general. She is in diapers still but she can self feed and she can walk so its doable for my program.

You need to figure out the specific capabilities and needs of this child. Are there medications to be administered? or something severe like tube feeding, wheelchairs/non walking child, therapists coming to the home to work with them, etc.

you need to tell them about your program. What do you do during those times? What would you expect this girl to be able to do? Do you need to be able to get her outside so the other kids can play?