Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
auntbecca 11:35 AM 11-10-2011
Originally Posted by Christian Mother:
What is in your phb and contract about paid holidays? Do you have anything in there about being paid regardless of whether the kids are in care or not? You might need to make a change this upcoming yr with that new policy. I ashually need to do that this yr as well. That way I am covered. Regardless as to whether the parent has a personal day or sick day what have you. If they decide to take it off and keep there child home then they will still have to pay regardless. Specially if daycare is open. She paid for that day so she always has the option to bring dck's to you....
My policy states that if they are scheduled for that day and I am open they have to pay for that day unless they give me two weeks notice and then they can use one of their 10 days I give each year for parents to take the kids out for vacation. And her kids are scheduled for Fridays when the holiday falls. I also require them to pay if they take off a sick day. The only time I don't require payment is if I close due. I plan to update my policies and have the parents sign again, but I doubt it will make a difference. I've been trying for 6 months to get one parent to understand I open at 7:15, not 7:07.