View Single Post
daycare 07:26 PM 10-07-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
I talked to mom when she picked up and mom confirmed she was likely tired. I guess mom put her to bed last night and at 10:30 mom was still trying to get her to quiet down and go to sleep, she kept talking to herself and such. I guess I don't know what you do in that situation, because you can put them to bed but you can't force them to sleep. Sigh... This little girl just doesn't like to go to bed and that is being compounded by the fact she started school this year I think. A nap isn't much of an option.
a lot of parent say that. which yes we can't make them sleep, but we can implement routines and boundries for bed time.

Kids in there singing and clapping you go in and tell them sleep time. After that you may need to set consequence. I don't know, maybe I am just mean, but with my own children i had to do this. If you get out of bed again, I take your bear,, if you don't close your eyes, I am turning off the light. until they are sleeping with nothing but their PJs if need be. If you scream, I close the door. It took me doing this 4-5 times and they quit it really fast.

I would give them about 15-20min max to unwind and thats it. there is no reason why it should take an hour plus to go to sleep. unless there is something wrong.

I have parents that say I put them to bed at 8 but they didn't fall asleep until 1130. Um where were you during that time?