Thread: WWYD? (Long)
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2016, 10:02 AM
Heart12's Avatar
Heart12 Heart12 is offline Member
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 210
Default WWYD? (Long)

I interviewed a pregnant DCM a few months ago & I felt like I had found the perfect family, so I decided to hold the spot & we agreed to start 8/15. I also agreed to NOT charge them for their week vacation. (it was before I found this forum/learned SO MUCH).
2wks ago DCM asked if I would take DCB 2x/wk for 2 weeks & if she could just pay the daily rate & then start full time on the 15th. I agreed because it was extra money until she was going to start full time.
Yesterday DCD drops off & says that he was laid off that morning & wanted to know if I would allow them to start full time 2wks from now & just apply the $ that they have already paid to that week. This would put me at 2 more weeks UNPAID. I told them that since they have already paid for the 1st week of care, they could bring DCB next week. I also told them that if they wanted to use the following week as their "unpaid vacation" that would be fine. I explained to them that Im trying to help them as much as possible, but that I cant afford to keep putting the start date off. Is that fair? What would you have done? I know NOW that I should have never even opened the door to negotiating Also, I havent heard back from them since last night about what they have decided to do. Being in limbo has me soooo stressed out at this point. I really like them, but there are TONS of parents looking for infant spots in my area & I am relying heavily on the $ from my infant families. Any advice is so much appreciated!!

Last edited by Heart12; 08-13-2016 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Adding info
Reply With Quote