Thread: Education
View Single Post
Missani 11:15 AM 12-09-2010
I am not an RN but I worked in a wonderful infertility clinic doing patient education and various other things. I also got to work with patients first hand, and I loved my job. However, I worked in a center in high school and college and eventually became a center director, and I loved that too. I have 2 little boys (3 and 1 at the time), and daycare was expensive. I loved the center that they went to, but it was costing about $20,000 per year for them to go 3 days a week!!! My best friend told me she was pregnant and asked if there was anyway I'd consider quitting my job to take care of her baby. Since I was making great money and loved my job, I think she thought it was a long shot, but I'm glad she took the chance and asked. I accepted and took out a loan to finish my basement and build my "dream daycare", and the rest is history! So here I am, I left my professional career, I am home with my children, and I have a houseful of wonderful daycare kids. I never thought I would do this, but I am loving every minute. I just started in August, though, so ask me next year if I still love it...