Thread: Depression
View Single Post
Josiegirl 05:40 AM 02-10-2018
Zoloft is one I've never been on but everyone reacts differently to meds. I truly hope this one works for you because what everyone said about night and day is so true!! Stay in touch with your doctor; I'm sure he told you to call, maybe in a month(?) to see how you were doing? I tried Paxil, side effects I didn't like...same with Well-Butrin(that one was horrible for me but my dd takes it). I'm currently on Effexor which I've been on for quite a few years. It seems to agree with me; still have my dark days but nothing like before. Two women in my family have tried numerous anti-depressants and couldn't sleep or suffered headaches. They never could take anything.

We are all so different; hang in there and take your medication just like the doctor said. You will know when it starts to kick in. I think I remember my dr. telling me I'd start feeling results in a couple weeks to full benefit in a month. Hang tough and don't be afraid to call your doctor!!! Talk with people, whether IRL, or here, but it helps if they understand what you're going through(at least to some extent). Depression and anxiety are widespread; find comfort in close relationships and do NOT isolate yourself!! That's one of my major issues and so easy to do with this job. Sometimes I find it an uphill battle just to make a phone call. It's been much easier for me to come here and talk about it. You WILL come out on the other side and you WILL feel better!!