View Single Post
Little Learners 11:39 AM 04-21-2015
I don't allow it, and I to only have one chair in the room where the parents drop off so that has helped. I have the children ready, and I don't mind talking for 5 minutes, but then if they linger I tell them that I have to watch the other kids, so I will see them tomorrow. I'm nice but blunt so it's not a option. Not only that, I tell parents in the interview that I don't have adults around the children, other then my family.

I try and weed them out in the interview. The last time I had interviews, one called a week later and asked if they could come and "observe". I nicely explained that it was one interview, and a deposit to hold the space, but on the first week they were welcome to stay 5-10 minutes to meet the other children and say goodbye. Another lady asked nosy questions about my family, and said she should meet them, lol. In response I told her I was the only one that watches the children.

I would do those things, and if she refuses to follow your rules then like anything you should terminate. I only had one I had to do that to, but she refused to follow many normal daycare rules. The next provider terminated her to because I knew her.