View Single Post
professionalmom 05:55 PM 06-22-2010
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have a first time Mother and boy does she think she knows everything and it gets on my nerves seeing how she always tells me how to do this or that and informs me of things like I dont have a clue. Well today she brings me a bigger carseat because she says her Son is to big for the carrier when he is only 17 pounds and 6 months old well the carseat she brang me is a huge model she got from a yard sale and I check the back and guess what its expired so I tell her the seat is expired and its to big for my van I have the smaller version of the caravan so I go on to tell her that her Son can use the other babies carrier he doesnt use anymore because it hold up to 22 pounds and its longer and when her Son is 1 years old he can sit in my childs carseat forward facing well she came back with APA says a child should sit rear facing up untill the age of 2 years old and he is gonna sit rear facing for that long I was thinking WTH what 1 year old wants to sit staring at a seat I know my kids loved sitting forward facing at one I didnt say anything back as she knows everything have any of you had to deal with a Mother like this.
I have NEVER heard of rear-facing until 2 years old. But I just checked. It appears that she may be right. Trust me, I AM shocked. My DD will be 2 next month and she has been front facing since she hit the 1 year & 20 lbs mark. I was thrilled. After all, when it's just the 2 of us, she is calmer because she can see me. BUT, all the info I checked out a minute ago also said that you need to follow the seat's recommendations. If it's not built to protect a child over 20 lbs, it's not helping.

I'll bet this mom is young. I was a first time mom at 33 and everyone was shocked at how laid-back I was. But, I also had a ton of experience with kids, so I didn't flip out over every little thing. I love when I have a DCM under 25 and she acts like she knows it all and I'm so kind of idiot. I jsut want to say, "hey, I've been taking care of kids since before you were even conceived. You can't possibly know more than me. I'm NOT saying I know more than you or that I'm better than you. Just don't insult me by saying you know more than me!" But, I have too much class to lower myself to their immature level.

Originally Posted by Unregistered:
This is the first time for me she is all about breastfeeding, cloth diapering, eating organic, baby wearing, which is there is nothing wrong with that Im just not that way and Ive never had another daycare parent that way. She is also getting rid of the kids doctor because he didnt agree with one of her home remedies which was odd to me too her kid is also now wearing a teething necklace I dont get it.
OY! Why do these moms have to give the rest of us a bad reputation! Not all of us breastfeeding, cloth diapering, baby wearing moms are this arrogant! I promise you. I breastfed and I loved it. I think I'm the only one I know who was getting a full 8 hours of sleep per night from the time my baby was 2 weeks old. But, it's not for everyone. We did the cloth diaper thing for most of the first year, then DD's urine output became too much (changing every 1/2 hour!). But I loved the cloth diapers. Tried baby wearing. DD didn't like the sling until she was a little older, but it never caught on for us because we tried to start later. I believe in it, it just wasn't for DD. Eating organic is nice and I do try to buy organic when I can afford it. But, I'm not fanatical about it.

I guess I'm the type of mom who had an "ideal" picture in my head before I became a mom. But, I had the brains to modify my "ideals" to fit my DD and her personality. Nor am I arrogant enough to tell someone else that there's only one way to raise a child. Every parents needs to find what works for him/her and his/her child. Just tell this mom to get off her self-righteous high horse, get real, and leave her opinions at the door. Just joking. Don't say it. But, you can think it - everyday if you have too. Then there's the even famous eye roll once the door is closed.