Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 11:50 AM 01-26-2018
Originally Posted by Miss A:
I made a doctor's appointment t weeks in advance. I have one sub lined up, but due to her mental health I need to find a new sub. Found second sub, she is co firmed to come today when I need her. This morning doctors office called, the doctor is now out of office today.

I get that life happens, and doctors are people too. But this profession is so not flexible, there are no clinics with extended hours available to me, and when I work hard to get things scheduled out only to have them change at the last minute just super frustrates me.
I feel that pain! I was able to sneak in labs this morning, but only if I showed up as they were opening the doors. The stars alligned and I only to push back arrival time for one family. There is one road into town without gong 30 minutes around backroads. I came up on a wreck right after the police arrived, and made it past. two minutes later I got the mass text alert that they were closing that entire side of the highway. Had I been just a hair later I would've had to turn around and go home and reschedule the whole thing. And the docs all act it's no big deal to just "pop in and get labs".