Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Miss A 01:07 PM 01-26-2018
Originally Posted by TheMisplacedMidwestMom:
I feel that pain! I was able to sneak in labs this morning, but only if I showed up as they were opening the doors. The stars alligned and I only to push back arrival time for one family. There is one road into town without gong 30 minutes around backroads. I came up on a wreck right after the police arrived, and made it past. two minutes later I got the mass text alert that they were closing that entire side of the highway. Had I been just a hair later I would've had to turn around and go home and reschedule the whole thing. And the docs all act it's no big deal to just "pop in and get labs".
I just do not understand why there aren't more clinics in rural areas that offer extended hours. We have 2 clinics in town, one offer hours till 7 on Mondays, and from 8-12 of Saturday's, but those hours are for same day appointments only, and use float doctors. If I want to see my doctor, I need to schedule 6 weeks in advance like I did this last time.

This is one of my major stressor in this field. The feeling of being "stuck", and all the extra hoops I have to jump through just to do one basic task. But, I know that there are pros to this job that those who work outside the home don't experience.